Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Its OK to be a little narcissistic

I picked up a book today that I haven't looked at in a long time. Its called Intimate Connections by Dr. David Burns. It is an application of cognitive therapy to finding and building intimacy with people. Being that my usual style is to proceed in a logical fashion with my affairs, I approach relationships the same way. Rather than guessing I like to use knowledge to advantage. I was reminded of a most fasinating concept. Perhaps its the way he put it that struck me. He mentions that being a little narcissistic actually shows that one cares for others. And it makes perfect sense. When one cares about their appearance, when they care about how they appear to others, they show that they care for others and how those people feel. Amazing, that caring for oneself means caring for others. So it is my desire to be just a little narcissistic.

Isaac

No comments: