Sunday, March 2, 2008

Staying in touch

I continue to recover and come to terms with my JW involvement. I have a wonderful girlfriend. Our relationship gets stronger every day. She is a big part of my recovery.

It is becoming evident to me that I need to stay in touch with the JW movement. For a while I tried to be totally away from it. But I have family in this. Further, I have much to contribute to the discussion. Cults often change their thinking, terms used, and other identifying markers. They often call this "new light". What happens though is that former members are easily spotted as their lingo becomes dated. So I have decided to remain in touch with the religion through various means. This way I can perhaps be effective with relations who need assistance in either moderating the cults influence or in leaving altogether.

Thats all for now. The "starting over" continues.

Isaac Carmignani

No comments: